1) What was the title track of the Freddie
Scott album co-written by Alan and R&B legend Don Covay?
2) Alan has written a global hit single, the same song, for two female pop and
rock megastars. Title?
3) Which 1975 Cozy Powell hit single did Alan play bass guitar on ?
4) What was the name of the Island records band Alan formed after The Arrows
5) Alan's parents are both well known and influential jazz artists. What are
6) In the late 1980s Alan toured as a special guest for several years,
recording a live album as a member of which "huge" band?
7) What famed R&B composer did Alan sing a recorded and released duet.
This composer-singer wrote well known songs for both the early Beatles and
Who is he?
8) A Merrill composition was recorded by Lou Rawls as the title track of one
of his albums. The album was the first taken into and played in space, by the
first black Astronaut, Gulon Bluford. What was this lp title track?
9) Which famed Merseyside journalist wrote a book, his first, about Merrill's
band The Arrows ?
10) What was the name of his Japan based glam rock band in the very early
1970s, said to be to be the inspiration for David Bowie's "Ziggy Stardust
and the Spiders from Mars" album?
Many of the answers to these questions may
be found on Alan Merrill's own website,
or elsewhere on the web like AMG.
To enter the contest, send an email to me
with the word "contest" in the subject line. In the text of the mail,
answer all contest questions in this format: Put the number of each question at the
left margin, followed by the appropriate answer. Answer only one
question per line. At the bottom, put your name and mailing address.
If you can't attend the event, but want to see
how well you score, mention it in the email you send.